Friday, July 19, 2013

More on Reboots

More on Reboots,

For more information, visit Red Band Trailer for Spike Lee's 2013 Remake of 'Oldboy'

Maybe it's just me, but after working my ass off over enough years, on dozens of sets large and small, with hundreds of dedicated and talented people, I find it hard to be overly critical of cinema. I love the world, the art, the effort, the business even. It all comes together. I only hate when people don't respect the process and half-ass it.

Spike Lee obviously got permission to do this and he's a master of his craft. So I'll be happy to watch it. That said: I hope they get the hallway fight scene down to one shot, the original was priceless.

Off my tangent, I think it's an interesting idea to know what emerging filmmakers can do in attempt to capture the essence of, and adapt, old favorites - even from foreign territory - to short film.


Let's get what we came for,
C.M. Sanchez III

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate