Friday, May 17, 2013

On the 2013 Cannes Buyer's List

On the 2013 Cannes' Buyers List,

For more information, visit Deadline - Fleming on Cannes: Can Sizzle Reels Make Sizzling Deals this Year?

Hmm. What is it about a list of unseen films with great expectations that feels so exciting to read? It's like picking racehorses I suppose. But I actually want to watch these films too, compare and lose my head a bit. My imagination runs off with thoughts of all these film makers going to work. It makes me hungry too.

There's also the intrigue that comes with analysis.  How were the stories sold?  How did those initial funding conversations progress?  What was apparent in the premise that greenlit these projects?  What I would give to organize a round table with fellows debugging the selections.

Lets get what we came for,
C. M. Sanchez III

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate